Bhat Internal Medicine, P.C.
Dr. Muralikrishna Bhat and Dr. Sheela Bhat are leading Tucson internists with over 20 years of experience treating a range of disorders that include hypertension, diabetes, COPD and hyperlipidemia, to name just a few.
As Arizona’s leading internal medicine specialists, the Bhats work with their patients to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and often recommend other professionals when needed.
Treatment for a wide range of conditions
People who suffer from asthma, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis and related maladies are in good hands with Dr. Bhats and their team of specialists. Dr. Bhats will make every effort to correctly diagnose your condition and consult with you about an effective plan of action.
Here are some of the conditions that Dr. Bhats can diagnose and treat, along with a brief description of each:
- Diabetes: Because diabetes is a very serious endocrine disorder, its associated effects can be life-threatening. They include kidney disease, stroke, heart disease, nerve damage and blindness. Someone who has diabetes either does not have enough insulin in the blood, or the body has enough insulin but uses it improperly.
- Hypertension: When the pressure against blood vessel walls becomes too high, it can cause long-term health problems, even when no outward symptoms are present. This is a common ailment that develops over many years and eventually affects a majority of the population. Early detection and treatment is essential.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Also known by its abbreviated name, COPD, this condition is actually a group of lung diseases that lead to difficult breathing. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent further damage to your lungs.
- Hyperlipidemia: This term usually refers to high triglyceride and cholesterol levels. In order to prevent eventual atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) resulting in heart attack or stroke, treatment for hyperlipidemia includes lifestyle changes as a major part of typical treatment plans.
- Congestive heart failure: Simply put, when the heart is unable to supply the body with enough blood, a person is said to be experiencing congestive heart failure, which often results in death or disability unless treated immediately.
- Coronary artery disease: Also known as CHD, this condition manifests as a decreased supply of oxygen and blood to the heart as a result of narrowed blood vessels.
- Osteoarthritis: This most common type of arthritis has no definitive cure, but symptoms can be effectively treated.
- Degenerative disc disease: Perhaps the most common cause of severe low-back pain.
- Asthma: A chronic lung disease that affects more than 25 million U.S. residents. Treatment can help reduce inflammation and widen airways.
Patients who need transition care service and Medicare annual wellness visits are also within Dr. Bhat’s treatment parameters.
Hours and Insurance:
Feel free to call our office and schedule a visit during our regular hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to noon
At Bhat Internal Medicine, we accept most major insurance plans and work with many different providers in the region. If you have a specific question about your particular coverage, please call and inquire with one of our helpful office personnel.
Our goal is to make certain that every one of our clients gets the best possible care in a relaxed and safe environment. To schedule an appointment or get more information, contact our office at your convenience by calling 520-290-9151. We look forward to providing you with the very best treatment and the most attentive medical care available.